Thanksgiving is over and we are in the countdown for Christmas already. Is it just me, or does the time seem to go by faster the older one gets. I think the latter. Tis the season for family, friends and traditions that have deep meaning. In the end of things on this earth, we have family. I hope your Holidays are the best ever.
Now then…we have garden things to talk about. If time has slipped through your fingers, just remember… it’s not too late to get a few things done. Here’s a short list of things you can get done between showers.
- Plant your Spring Blooming Bulbs now and you you will still get bloom in early 2015.
- Cut back your Hybid tea, Floribunda and Grandiflora roses to about 2 -3 feet. It will help protect from wind damage
- Hoses should be disconnected from the hose bibs and put in the shed or garage
- Hose bibs should be insulated and put to bed
- If you have a fountain, decommission it by unplugging it and emptying it of water
- If you have a pond, make sure the filter is clean and no leaves are preventing it from working.
- If you feel particularly bored in the early evening, go slug hunting with a pair of old tongs. They are out there if you look in the right places.
Only a few short months and we will be back out enjoying the fresh air and the soil under our feet.